Osaka City Premium Voucher
Name of the Voucher
Osaka City Premium Voucher
To mitigate the impact of the increase in the consumption tax rate and local consumption tax rate on consumer spending of low income-earners (persons exempt from local residence taxes) and households with small children, and to encourage and support consumer spending.
1. Persons exempt from local residence taxes in fiscal 2019
* Recipients of livelihood protection (welfare) allowances are not eligible to purchase the Voucher.
2. Heads of household with a child born between April 2, 2016 and September 30, 2019.
Maximum number of Vouchers
Each book has 5000 yen worth of Vouchers (10 Vouchers x 500 yen per book). One person can purchase a maximum of five books of Vouchers worth a total of 25,000 yen.
4,000 yen per book
The Vouchers are valid from Tuesday, October 1, 2019 to Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
Voucher sales locations
Stores officially registered as a sales location of the Osaka City Premium Voucher (the application period for the registration is closed).
To be announced on the City of Osaka website when information becomes available.
In the case of foreigners
・Short-term visitors are not eligible to become intended purchasers.
・Persons whose period of stay is to expire very soon should make sure that they file an application after renewing the period of stay.
For other languages, please contact i-house.
For other languages, please contact International House Foundation (i-house) .
Please say you want to ask about the Premium Voucher.
English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Filipino
International House, Osaka-Information Center
Information Counter for Foreign Residents
Osaka Premium Voucher Project Consultation Hours: Weekdays 9:00～17:30
※Closed on Saturday, Sunday, holidays and new year holidays (December 28-January 5)
Instructions for use of the Vouchers
- The Vouchers can only be used during the valid period mentioned on the face of the Voucher. (The Vouchers will no longer be valid after the period elapses.)
- The Vouchers can only be used at the participating stores registered in Osaka City. The participating stores are subject to change without notice.
- The City of Osaka will not be responsible for theft, loss, or damage, as well as counterfeiting, forgery, or fabrication of the Vouchers.
- Vouchers with a seal or check in the participating store’s signatory space will be void and can no longer be used.
- The Vouchers shall not be exchanged with any third party nor shall they be sold to, purchased from, or transferred to any third party or exchanged for cash.
- No change shall be paid even if the price of goods/services purchased is less than the face value of the Voucher.
- No cash shall be reimbursed for return of goods purchased by the Vouchers.
As a general rule, any Vouchers detached from the book with the cover page cannot be used.
If Vouchers are detached by mistake, please present both the detached Vouchers and the book at the participating store for confirmation.
The Vouchers cannot be used for any of the following purposes.
- Investment or financial instruments
- Payment for financial obligations (bank transfer fees, payment for electricity, gas or water bills, etc.)
- Items that can be exchanged for cash with relative ease, such as marketable securities, gift certificates, beer coupons, book store gift certificates, postal stamps, official postal cards, revenue stamps, pre-paid cards, etc.
- Manufactured tobacco prescribed in Article 2, Paragraph 1, Item 3 of Tobacco Business Act (Act No. 68 of 1984)
- Lottery tickets prescribed in Article 2 of Act on Identification Card Attached to Prize Money (Act No. 144 of 1948)
- Horse betting tickets prescribed in Article 6 of Horse Racing Act (Act No. 158 of 1948)
- Boat betting tickets prescribed in Article 10 of Motorboat Racing Act (Act No. 242 of 1951)
- Bicycle betting tickets prescribed in Article 8 of Bicycle Racing Act (Act No. 209 of 1948)
- Auto betting tickets prescribed in Article 12 of Auto Racing Act (Act No. 208 of 1950)
- Sports promotion betting tickets prescribed in Article 2 of Act on Implementation of Sports Promotion Vote (Act No. 63 of 1998)
- Raw materials, equipment and supplies used in business activities
- Real estate-related payments such as purchase of land or house, rent, parking lot fees (other than for temporary use), etc.
- Prepayments such as membership fees and coupons for products or services with an effective date beyond March 31, 2020
- Exchanges for cash or deposits into financial institutions
- Deposits into electronic money accounts
- Services provided by any type of business operations that fall under the provisions of Article 2 of Act on Control and Improvement of and Entertainment Business. (Act No. 122 of 1948)
- Matters relating to specific religious or political organizations, or deviate from public order
- Payment to the central or local government (taxes, national health insurance, etc.)
- Other matters not recognized by the Mayor of Osaka as appropriate use of the Voucher